The ISUZU L3 N-Evolution converted into electric traction vehicles is a very lightweight truck that moves itself to Zero Emissions. Its compact size allows it to go through all the streets in the restricted traffic zone, inside the historic centers, in protected areas, in pedestrian zones (if allowed).
It's the Uniqueness of this new vehicle lies in the power train.
This powertrain is an innovative system (patented internationally) which uses two electric motors with permanent magnets, small and lightweight, coupled together by a system of gears. This design choice allows a greater operational flexibility.
The engine control unit is able to activate the two units individually or as a pair according to the demands of the driver.
It can control much better the system overheat getting a return that is higher by 10% compared to conventional single-motor systems.
NOTE - The chassis of the vehicle Isuzu L35, is transformed by an Italian company, not by Isuzu. Even after the conversion the vehicle enjoys the official warranty Isuzu for all original parts unprocessed and / or replaced.
The Full electric conversion is achieved thanks to:
- a pair of electric motors connected to the gearbox via a cog system;
- a battery pack for the traction a new electronic management system for the functioning of the electric motor and all of the original board systems;
- a Touch-screen display that provides real-time all operating parameters (autonomy, charge level, etc. ..).
The drive system is designed, developed and built in Italy and is protected by national and international patents (Italian Patent No. 0001406064
- International Patent No. WO2012 / 157008).
The system provides a maximum torque of 400 Nm and a continuous torque of 285 Nm from 0 to 2800 rpm and a maximum power of 55 kW (79 kW peak).
Small size of the dimensions in width and length.
- Operating efficiency of 93%
- Higher Power/weight ratio 3kW/Kg
- Operating voltages less than 100V (DC).
The Electronic components of the electrification kits, are contained inside a box made of aluminum liquid-cooled.
The vehicle's standard equipment consists of seven LiFePo (Lithium Iron Polymer) battery packs for a total of the 48.3 kWh.
Each group has an electronic charge management system (BMS) and includes:
- Tracking Assistant
- Remote charging control
- Remote diagnostic
Electronic management of the battery packs DC / DC converter 100Vdc / 12Vdc Monitoring and electronic BUS high voltage insulation.
Each battery pack is protected by an aluminum box lightened with system of protection against impacts and dust (standard IP67).
The number of battery packs is modular according to customer needs.
The conversion preserves all the features of the original dashboard adding a DISPLAY TOUCH SCREEN that integrates all information related to the electric drive system:
- The vehicle's state of charge status
- State of charge of the traction battery pack
- Malfunction Indicator of the battery pack
- Loss of battery pack insulation indicator
- Power reserve indicator
- Power limitation indicator
- Steering system Indicator
- Selection Standard /ECO mode
- Energy consumption level
Dashboard: Isuzu dashboard and additional 3.5” touch screen display.
Regenerative brake: Dual regenerative system
Profiles: Two different profiles (standard and economy) selectable from the touch screen display
Safety systems: ABS and ESP - Ground fault insulation monitoring - Operator presence
Servo steering: Variable and programmable flow rate
Datalogger: Datalogger with real time clock and event logging